- 1. ONCE THE TERMS & CONDITIONS ARE PUBLISHED, WHICH ARE THE NEXT STEPS?
After reading the Terms & Conditions, the next step is the preparation and presentation of the application. Furthermore, if you are interested, you will have access to specialized advice for the shaping of the ideas and projects and the preparation of the technical and administrative documentation for the application’s presentation. In case of being interested on receiving advice, access the registration portal you will find in www.ports40.es. This advice and registration are optional, therefore, those interested in the programme who do not wish to receive technical advice can also submit their applications and contact the mailbox firstname.lastname@example.org for queries and resolution of doubts about the programme.
- 2. WHAT CAN THE INCUBATOR/ACCELERATOR HELP ME WITH?
As part of the Ports 4.0 programme, participants are offered free access to a network of technical tutors located in the 14 technical offices of the programme who will provide expert advice in the configuration of ideas and projects and in the preparation of technical and administrative documentation for the submission of applications. This advice is optional, therefore, those interested in the programme who do not wish to receive technical advice can also submit their applications and contact the mailbox email@example.com for queries and resolution of doubts about the programme. If you want to receive advice prior to the formal presentation of your application register on the virtual platform and have access to training, a personal tutor, etc.
The incubator/accelerator has 14 locations distributed throughout the whole national territory:
- A Coruña: A Coruña KPMG Office, Rúa da Fama, 1, 15001 A Coruña
- Alicante: Alicante KPMG Office, Av de Maisonnave, 19, 03003 Alicante (Alacant), Alicante
- Algeciras: APBA, Avda. de la Hispanidad, 2 11207 Algeciras
- Barcelona: Pier 01, Barcelona Tech City, Plaça de Pau Vila, 1 Bloc A, Planta 3, Porta 3A1, 08003 Barcelona
- Bilbao: Bilbao KPMG Office, Euskadi Plaza, 5, 48009 Bilbo, Bizkaia
- Cartagena: Universidad Politécnica de Cartagena, La Milagrosa, Plaza Cronista Isidoro Valverde, s/n, 30202 Cartagena, Murcia (provisional location)
- Las Palmas: Las Palmas de Gran Canaria KPMG Office,Calle del Dr. Verneau, 1, 35001 Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Las Palmas
- Madrid: Madrid KPMG Office, Torre de Cristal, Paseo de la Castellana, 259C, 28046 Madrid
- Málaga: Málaga KPMG Office, Calle Marqués de Larios, 3 , 2ª planta, 29005 Málaga
- Palma: Palma de Mallorca KPMG Office, Avinguda del Comte de Sallent, 2, 07003 Palma, Illes Balears
- Santander: Faro de la Cerda. Parque de la Magdalena s/n 39005 Santander. España
- Sevilla: Sevilla KPMG Office, Av. de la Buhaira, 31, 41018 Sevilla
- Valencia: Innsomnia Office, Moll de Ponent, 46024 Valencia
- Vigo: Vigo KPMG Office, Rúa do Areal, 18, 36201 Vigo, Pontevedra
Furthermore, the incubator/accelerator will organize training days for all those interested on applying:
- Training on the preparation of a Business Model Canvas
- Training on the preparation of a Business Plan
- Training on the Port Sector
- Training on Macrotrends
- 3. WHO CAN ACCESS THE PROGRAMME?
The programme is aimed at startups, spin-off or entrepreneurs with innovative products, services or processes that improve the operations related to the port-logistic sector, that comply with Article 9 of the Terms & Conditions.
- 4. I AM A NATURAL PERSON, CAN I PRESENT A PROJECT?
Unfortunately no, natural persons may not receive funding for projects in a pre-commercialization or commercial phases (Article 9 of the Terms & Conditions).
- 5. WHICH DOCUMENTATION DO I HAVE TO APPLY?
In case of presenting an idea, you will find all the detail of the required documentation in Article 21.1 of the Terms & Conditions
In case of presenting a project, you will find all the detail of the required documentation in Article 21.2 of the Terms & Conditions
- 6. HOW DO I APPLY?
You will be able to apply electronically through the electronic register of the electronic headquarters of Puertos del Estado (https://sede.puertos.gob.es) (Article 20.3 of the Terms & Conditions). In case of being a natural person, as stated in Article 19.2 of the Terms & Conditions, you will be able to present your application by non-electronic means at any time in the headquarters of Puertos del Estado, Avda. del Partenón, 10- 28042 Madrid.
- 7. CAN I PRESENT A PROJECT TOGETHER WITH ANOTHER COMPANY?
As stated in Article 10 of the Terms & Conditions, “groups of natural and legal persons that can carry out ideas or projects in cooperation may be considered as beneficiaries. More than one of the beneficiaries indicated in article 9 of the Terms & Conditions must participate in these projects and meet the requirements established for such beneficiaries”. Furthermore, the resulting group does not have to exist when presenting the application, it is enough to present the commitment to formalize the agreement. “The implementation commitments made by each member must be stated in the application and the award decision” (Article 10.2 of the Terms & Conditions).
- 8. CAN I PRESENT ONE OR MORE IDEAS OR PROJECTS, OR BOTH?
Yes, provided that the projects are not intended to develop the same activity or one of a very similar nature. (Article 17 of the Terms & Conditions)
- 9. DO I NEED TO PROVE PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE OR KNOWLEDGE ON THE PORT-LOGISTIC SECTOR?
It is not necessary to have previous experience or knowledge on the por-logistic sector. The incubator/accelerator will organize training days on the topic that will also be uploaded to the platform for all those interested on participating to be able to access the content.
- 10.HOW MUCH TIME DO I HAVE TO APPLY?
You will have within two months to present an idea and three months to present a project from the day following the publication of the Terms & Conditions in the Official State Gazette (BOE) (Article 20.4 of the Terms & Conditions)
- 11. HOW MUCH TIME DO I HAVE TO CORRECT AN ERROR IN THE PRESENTED DOCUMENTATION?
According to Article 29 of the Terms & Conditions“the beneficiary will be required to present it within a non-renewable period of 10 days”.
- 12. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN IDEA AND A PROJECT?
The difference lies in the TRL in which the innovative product, service or process to be presented is located. As indicated in Article 3 of the Terms & Conditions of the programme:
- TRL 1: Basic principles observed (Basic Idea)
- TRL 2: Technology concept formulated
- TRL 3: Experimental proof of concept
- TRL 4: Technology validated in lab
- TRL 5: Technology validated in relevant environment
- TRL 6: Technology demonstrated in relevant environment
- TRL 7: System prototype demonstration in operational environment
- TRL 8: System complete and qualified
- TRL 9: Actual system proven in operational environment
- 13. IF I AM AN EMPLOYEE OF A PORT AUTHORITY CAN I PARTICIPATE?
Yes, as established in the second final provision, Article 3 of the Terms & Conditions, seventy-five thousand euros (75,000 euros) will be allocated to intra-enterprise entrepreneurship. " Intra-enterprise entrepreneurship is considered to be ideas presented exclusively by labour personnel of Puertos del Estado and Port Authorities. Intra-enterprise projects in the pre-commercial and commercial phase are not allowed".
- 14. HOW DO I DEMONSTRATE THAT MY INNOVATIVE PRODUCT, SERVICE OR PROCESS IS AN IDEA, PRE-COMMERCIAL PROJECT OR COMMERCIAL PROJECT?
It is important to present the innovative product, service or process to the right program. If it is not properly demonstrated that the innovative product, service or process meets the requirements for submission to the programme to which it has been submitted, it will not be eligible for the aid requested. These are the main keys to determine whether to submit an idea or a project:
- If there is no proof of concept in a logistical-port environment made prior to the submission of the application, only the following may be submitted to the IDEA programme
- If a proof of concept in a logistical-port environment is available prior to the submission of the application, then the project programme is eligible:
- Project in pre-commercial phase: results obtained must be presented at least up to the level of proof of concept development (Article 6.5 b) of the Terms & Conditions)
- Project in commercial phase: the results obtained must be demonstrated at least up to the level of deployment, once the prototype tests in a real environment have obtained demonstrable positive results (Article 6.5(c) of the Terms & Conditions)
- 15. WHO IS A FACILITATING AGENT?
A facilitating agent is the Port Authority, concessionaire or public or private agent of the logistics-port community in whose facilities the project is executed (Article 11.2 11th of the regulatory bases)
- 16. HOW COULD I GET IN CONTACT WITH A FACILITATING AGENT?
Upon request, technical tutors will serve as intermediaries to connect interested parties with the facilitating agents. However, those interested in participating in the programme can also contact the facilitating agents independently.